Troutline Super-Thin Perdigon UV Resin Clear Tack-Free 10ml
Troutline Super-Thin Perdigon UV Resin Clear 10ml is an extra thin UV resin that spreads fast without trapping any air bubbles and penetrates deep. It is very easy to work with, cures within seconds when exposed to UV light and provides crystal clear, glass-like coating without any residual tack. Its very low viscosity is its greatest advantage – it is a perfect choice for very small applications, for micro nymphs, Perdigon nymphs and any fly patterns where thin layers and delicate silhouette is needed. Because it is so thin, only a small drop is enough to cover the entire nymph fly. This means that you need less product for the same effect then with some of the thicker resins.
It comes in a UV protected bottle with a small brush applicator. Also included is a dropper attachment.
10ml bottle (0.34 oz)
How to Use
- As the resin is UV-light sensitive, it should be applied only indoors, or shaded from the sun.
- When your fly is ready to be coated, put a drop of resin, spread it over the desired area and use the UV light to cure it.
- A single layer of this resin will be enough to provide a deep glossy look. Should you wish to get a thicker coating (e.g. thicker body), you can apply additional layers, curing each one with UV light.
- You can use this resin to coat the heads, backs of nymphs, or the entire fly bodies (e.g. small nymphs like Perdigones, etc.).
- For the best curing, use quality fresh batteries and keep the light on the area where the resin is applied long enough until resin is completely dry without any tack.
- Do not keep the bottle in direct sunlight.
- Keep the bottle tightly closed when not in use.
- Keep the bottle in dry area, separate from your other fly tying materials.
- If the resin is not used for a long time, it might solidify and become thick and waxy. Simply put the bottle in hot water for a few minutes to get the consistency back to its original state.
- This resin is best if used within 2 years time.
There are no reviews yet.