Tactical Specialist Nymph J03 BL
Tactical Specialist Nymph J03 is a perfect pattern to use for smart and difficult-to-catch fish. This is a fly with lots of “movement”. A very heavy pattern that, when in water, behaves like a rock will not be taken by a smart fish. This is where you need an insect “full of life”. Tied on a top-quality barbless hook with a tungsten bead for weight. Comes in two hook sizes: #12 & #14.
How to fish this fly
Czech Nymphing Style
- use a long and sensitive rod, size 2-4 wt, 10′ to 11′ long
- where the regulations allow, fish with two nymphs at the time on a thin leader (Czech type of leader)
- place the heavy nymph on top and smaller (lighter) on a dropper
- droppers should be a maximum of 10-15 cm (4”-6”) long and the distance between flies approximately 50 cm (20”)
More fishing tips
- Works great at the beginning of the fishing season
- Play the fly as much as possible behind the big rocks and in deep pools
- Use it as a point fly
- Fantastic for the dead drift technique!
There are no reviews yet.