Tactical Special Partridge Nymph
Tactical Special Partridge Nymph is an effective all-around nymph pattern with tons of ‘movement’ in the water. Made of partridge for the movement, of synthetic dubbing that is similar to peacock herl, but with extra flash and UV and red tag to attract the fish. This is a great attractor/stimulator nymph. Your choice of fly for smart and difficult-to-catch fish, where the fly has to sink well, but also appear alive. It will work excellently in clear or muddy waters. Also a fantastic fly for dead drifting. Jig it behind the big rocks and in deep pools. Great as a point fly. Tied on a barbless, jig-type hook with a tungsten bead to give extra weight to the fly.
Tactical Special Partridge Nymph comes in two hook sizes: #12 & #14.
How to fish Tactical Special Partridge Nymph
Czech Nymphing Style
- use a long and sensitive rod, size 2-4 wt, 10′ to 11′ long
- where the regulations allow, fish with two nymphs at the time on a thin leader (Czech type of leader)
- place the heavy nymph on top and smaller (lighter) on a dropper
- droppers should be a maximum of 10-15 cm (4”-6”) long and the distance between flies approximately 50 cm (20”)
French or Spanish Nymphing Styles
- use a sensitive rod, size 2-5 wt, 10′ to 11′ long
- fish with one small nymph
- the leader should be 3–4.5 meters long (10-15 feet)