Tactical BP UV Perdigon
Tactical BP UV Perdigon is a great Perdigon style nymph pattern, perfect for muddy or dark-colored waters. A great fly to use when water levels are high after rain. Also very efficient fly for trout and grayling in very clear waters. Tied on top-quality barbless Demmon hook. The barbless hook minimizes harm to the fish. Tungsten bead for extra weight. The tail is tied using Coq de Leon feathers for a more realistic look. This is a must-have fly in any fly box.
Tactical BP UV Perdigon nymph comes in three hook sizes #14, #16, and #18.
How to fish Tactical BP UV Perdigon nymph
Czech Nymphing Style
- use a long and sensitive rod, size 2-4 wt, 10′ to 11′ long
- where the regulations allow, fish with two nymphs at the time on a thin leader (Czech type of leader)
- place the heavy nymph on top and smaller (lighter) on a dropper
- droppers should be a maximum of 10-15 cm (4”-6”) long and the distance between flies approximately 50 cm (20”)
French or Spanish Nymphing Styles
- use a sensitive rod, size 2-5 wt, 10′ to 11′ long
- fish with one small nymph
- the leader should be 3–4.5 meters long (10-15 feet)