Stonfo Detached Body Pins – Extended Body Set
Stonfo Detached Body Pins – Extended Body Set (DB Tools) is a super practical tool for tying extended (detached) bodies. These specially shaped micro-tube pins are made from stainless steel and have a bend in the center for attaching the tool to the vise. The spiral at the end secures the fly tying material. They fit tightly in the vise and make creating extended bodies super-quick and significantly easier than the standard technique. With this tool, you make and shape the extended body on the pin, take if off and then attach it onto the hook. The process if rather simple:
- Secure the pin in the vise by the center curve
- Start the thread on the material spring
- Take the thread over to the end of a pin, tighten it and make a few wraps to secure it
- Build your extended body over the end of the pin
- Take if off and it is ready to be mounted onto a hook
- Should you need a curved body shape, simply pull the thread to achieve the desired bend.
As an add-on feature, these pins are constructed as micro-tubes which allows you to insert a nylon inside as support when tying very small bodies.
The package comes with two different pin sizes/diameters:
- Thin pin – suitable for smaller and medium bodies – about 7cm long
- Thick pin – great choice for larger bodies – about 8cm long
Stonfo Detached Body Pins are indispensable when tying realistic looking mayfly, caddis, stonefly and terrestrial extended bodies.