Skafars Neon Wax Indicator Tube
Skafars Neon Wax Indicator is a great, innovative material that allows you to quickly create a highly visible indicator on your nymph leader. It turns any tippet into a great indicator.
This wax has proved itself most helpful when the light conditions get tough and you have trouble seeing your leader or tippet and thus keeping your leader straight and tight. Seeing it clearly allows you to maximize your ability to stay in constant contact with your fly, it helps you keep your fly or flies in the fish zone which increases the chance of seeing or feeling the take.
One of the great benefits of this material is it super-versatility: you are able to quickly switch from one indicator color (bright and neon for low light conditions) to a white-colored indicator for the shy and finicky trout. No need for stuffing your fly bag with tons of different indicator options. Plus, you get a super-quick switch.
Another great thing in using this soft neon wax is that you can fully adjust the length of the application, as well as the thickness, all according to your needs. Useful for different kind of markings that indicate not just hot spots that you can easily see but also depth of water, etc.
Easy to apply – This material is really easy to apply. It is ready for use, packed in a practical tube form. You simply slide it up and down the leader.
Easy to remove – Simply wipe it off with a paper tissue when not needed, or when you need to switch to a different color.
This material doesn’t add extra weight to your leader, neither does it affect how it floats.
Comes in the following colors: White, Neon Yellow, Neon Orange, Neon Red, Neon Pink, Neon Green, Black
Tips on how to use each color:
- White – Great for spooky fish and clear, low water.
- Black – Suitable for making cross-sections on a multi-colored indicator, or for creating stripes.
- Fluo Yellow & Fluo Green – Awesome for lower light conditions.
- Neon Orange, Neon Red, Neon Pink – Great for bright and sunny days.
- This wax is very soft and easy to apply. However, if the temperatures are really cold, blowing on it would make it soften quickly.
- After applying the wax, dip the waxed place into cold water to harden and seal it.
- Don’t leave it in a hot car in the middle of the summer (it can melt if you leave it on the hot sun for hours)