Red Butt Black Knight Perdigon
Red Butt Black Knight Perdigon is one of our deadliest nymphs. This Black Knight will become your secret weapon. It works great in muddy water, ginger clear water and deep dark waters. This is a pattern to have when everything else fails. Proven super-effective many times over, earned its nickname ‘mass destruction for trout’. Don’t go fishing without this pattern in your flybox!
Tied on top quality barbless Demmon hook with silver tungsten bead. The barbless hook minimizes harm to the fish and the tungsten bead gives fly extra weight. The red hotspot on the butt of the fly works wonders. The tail is tied using Coq de Leon feathers, which gives this fly more realistic look.
Red Butt Black Knight Perdigon nymph comes in three hook sizes #14, #16 and #18.
How to fish Red Butt Black Knight Perdigon nymph
Czech Nymphing Style
- use a long and sensitive rod, size 2-4 wt, 10′ to 11′ long
- where the regulations allow, fish with two nymphs at the time on a thin leader (Czech type of leader)
- place the heavy nymph on top and smaller (lighter) on a dropper
- droppers should be maximum 10-15 cm (4”-6”) long and the distance between flies approximately 50 cm (20”)
French or Spanish Nymphing Styles
- use a sensitive rod, size 2-5 wt, 10′ to 11′ long
- fish with one small nymph
- the leader should be 3–4.5 meters long (10-15 feet)
There are no reviews yet.