Racing Black UV Jig Perdigon
Racing Black UV Jig Perdigon is a Darth Vader fly! This is a Perdigon style nymph tied on a Demmon Jig competition barbless hook. The barbless jig hook reduces the risk of harm to the fish.. Tied in black color and ribbed with bright UV ribbing Perdigon tinsel to enhance the visibility. Tungsten bead provides extra weight. The tail is tied using Coq de Leon feathers, which gives this fly more realistic look. Depending on the light and angles, the color of the ribbing goes from deep blue to green peacock to light pink. It is absolutely fantastic how this fly looks in water. Trout love this bug!
Racing Black UV Jig Perdigon nymph comes in three hook sizes #14, #16 and #18.
How to fish Racing Black UV Jig Perdigon nymph
Czech Nymphing Style
- use a long and sensitive rod, size 2-4 wt, 10′ to 11′ long
- where the regulations allow, fish with two nymphs at the time on a thin leader (Czech type of leader)
- place the heavy nymph on top and smaller (lighter) on a dropper
- droppers should be maximum 10-15 cm (4”-6”) long and the distance between flies approximately 50 cm (20”)
French or Spanish Nymphing Styles
- use a sensitive rod, size 2-5 wt, 10′ to 11′ long
- fish with one small nymph
- the leader should be 3–4.5 meters long (10-15 feet)
There are no reviews yet.