Pink Peeping Caddis Jig Nymph
Pink Peeping Caddis Jig Nymph is a super-effective version of a cased caddis nymph. Fluo pink head for better contrast and visibility in the water. Tied on a jig hook for better behavior in water, closer to the natural insect’s. Legs are made of partridge and are positioned to work and pulse in water to mimic the insect walking on stones. This pink version is great for fishing in the fall and winter on super cold rivers. Used in deep pools or behind big rocks, this fly is absolutely deadly! Tied on a barbless, jig-type hook with a tungsten bead to give extra weight to the fly.
Pink Peeping Caddis Jig Nymph comes in three hook sizes #10, #12, and #14.
How to fish Pink Peeping Caddis Jig Nymph
Czech Nymphing Style
- use a long and sensitive rod, size 2-4 wt, 10′ to 11′ long
- where the regulations allow, fish with two nymphs at the time on a thin leader (Czech type of leader)
- place the heavy nymph on top and smaller (lighter) on a dropper
- droppers should be a maximum of 10-15 cm (4”-6”) long and the distance between flies approximately 50 cm (20”)
French or Spanish Nymphing Styles
- use a sensitive rod, size 2-5 wt, 10′ to 11′ long
- fish with one small nymph
- the leader should be 3–4.5 meters long (10-15 feet)