Olive Bomb Specialist Perdigon
Olive Bomb Specialist Perdigon nymph is a great Perdigon style nymph pattern, perfect for smart fish that resides in fast flowing streams. This pattern is small and super heavy. Dark colors of this pattern are perfect for dark parts of rivers where the riverbed is darker, where stones and sand is covered with plants and dark algae. Olive Bomb Specialist Perdigon has an olive body with silver wire tinsel and bright orange hot spot. This is a stimulator type of Perdigon nymph as it works great in low light conditions, in very deep parts of the river.
Tied on top quality barbless Demmon hook with tungsten bead for extra weight. The barbless hook minimizes harm to the fish. The tail is tied using Coq de Leon feathers, which gives this fly more realistic look.
Olive Bomb Specialist Perdigon nymph comes in three hook sizes #14, #16 and #18.
How to fish Olive Bomb Specialist nymph
Czech Nymphing Style
- use a long and sensitive rod, size 2-4 wt, 10′ to 11′ long
- where the regulations allow, fish with two nymphs at the time on a thin leader (Czech type of leader)
- place the heavy nymph on top and smaller (lighter) on a dropper
- droppers should be maximum 10-15 cm (4”-6”) long and the distance between flies approximately 50 cm (20”)
French or Spanish Nymphing Styles
- use a sensitive rod, size 2-5 wt, 10′ to 11′ long
- fish with one small nymph
- the leader should be 3–4.5 meters long (10-15 feet)