Olive and Silver Perdigon
Olive and Silver Perdigon is a great nymph pattern for fishing mid summer to late fall. It works like a charm for both trout and grayling. This pattern was originally designed in Slovakia by fishermen on Vah river.
Tied on a top quality barbless Demmon hook, using silver tungsten bead for extra weight. The barbless hook minimizes snags. Red hot spot has been added to attract attention. The tail is tied using Coq de Leon feathers for more realistic look.
Olive and Silver Perdigon nymph comes in three hook sizes #14, #16 and #18.
How to fish Olive and Silver Perdigon nymph
Czech Nymphing Style
- use a long and sensitive rod, size 2-4 wt, 10′ to 11′ long
- where the regulations allow, fish with two nymphs at the time on a thin leader (Czech type of leader)
- place the heavy nymph on top and smaller (lighter) on a dropper
- droppers should be maximum 10-15 cm (4”-6”) long and the distance between flies approximately 50 cm (20”)
French or Spanish Nymphing Styles
- use a sensitive rod, size 2-5 wt, 10′ to 11′ long
- fish with one small nymph
- the leader should be 3–4.5 meters long (10-15 feet)
There are no reviews yet.