GHOSTech Strike Indicators
GHOSTech Strike Indicators are quite an amazing and unique invention in the fly fishing world. These are the only adaptable, screw-on, strike indicators that provide an extra soft, splash-free landing and very natural casting. Super sensitive and highly floatable these versatile indicators were designed with stealth technology in mind to help you catch more fish.
Fly fishing’s best strike indicator – the world’s only splash-free, screw-on strike indicator, ready to use, designed to hide from fish by looking like bubbles.
GHOSTech Strike Indicator is adaptable to different water types, conditions, and fishing styles. Made from a delicate but durable air pack material to provide softer casts and less water disturbance. They float slightly above the water level, preventing the wind from catching and taking your indicator off the perfect drift. The softness of the floating material allows for a gentle grip of your line.
GHOSTech Strike Indicator benefits:
- 100% splash free. No splash = more fish. Cast to fish without scaring them. This can be done often & frequently without fish knowing you are there.
- Screw-on Attachment (without removing the fastening nut)
– Faster attachment, depth adjustments, & removal. Simply turn a screw to tighten to your line – you control the tension. This patented screw-on system gives you the control of tightening your indicators as needed. For the thinner line – simply make an extra turn of the fastening nut. With you in control of the tension, you can ensure the indicator is snug without damaging your line. Screws on varying sizes of tippets, from Thick Butt Section leader to 7x and smaller (without slipping). With this fast attachment design, you are able to easily adapt with a turn of a screw to change water depths. Quicker line attachment means more time on the water actively fishing instead of playing with your rig.
- Casts more naturally like yarn indicators
– Eliminates the sloppy slingshot casting of heavy bulky indicators (making GHOSTech less likely to tangle)
– GHOSTech is 100% ready to fish (unlike yarn indicators you do not need to add anything to GHOSTech to make them work, no need for floatant, cutting, or manipulating, just screw them on and you are ready to go)
- Changeable buoyancy for multiple water types/weights of flies. – always have the right size indicator with you Floating air pucks can be stacked – to change indicator buoyancy
– GHOSTech Floating Air pucks are stackable which means a single pack of these indicators fits just about every water condition available. While these indicators are not meant for white water and huge rivers if you get in a jam just at 3,4,5, or even 6 air pucks onto the threaded screw and salvage your day!
- One pack will replace 5-6 different styles and sizes of alternative indicators – designed to save you money and reduce your footprint.
The GHOSTech Strike Indicators package includes:
- Three (3) strike indicators
- Two (2) threaded fasteners with two (2) air puck combinations – for medium to light stream conditions
- One (1) threaded fasteners with one (1) air puck combination – for light and sneak-style, lightweight fishing
- Two (2) additional backup air pucks – for additional adaptation to add onto double two (2) float puck combinations for larger and deeper waters or heavier weighted flies and rigs.
- One (1) backup fastening nut – an extra nut, just in case. Note: you do not need to remove the nut from the threaded fastener to attach to your line, the only time you need to remove the nut is when you are adding or removing air floating pucks to adjust to different water types or fishing styles or conditions.
GHOSTech Strike Indicators come in White, Orange, Yellow, Pink, and Green – a highly visible top for angler visibility with a semi-transparent base to mimic air bubbles floating down the water. This base is what the fish see.
- One (1) float pack – small streams
- Two (2) float packs – moderate streams
- Three (3) (or more) float packs – larger streams or rivers
- Make Sure your GHOSTech Strike Indicator screw fastener is open to allow the right angle notch is exposed to allow line or tippet clear access to the center of the threaded fastener. The floating pucks should be below the right angle notch and resting on the fastener head. The nut should be positioned above the notch to allow access. If the nut is positioned below the right angle notch or covering up the notch preventing smooth access to the line – turn the nut counter-clockwise beyond the notch until access is clear.
- Thread the line first horizontally through the Right angle notch
- Once the line reaches the center of the threaded shaft move your line down the vertical center resting it on the air pucks.
- The air pucks will create a soft pinch point preventing damage to the line. Thicker tippets or lines may not need or be able to rest on the air pucks – if this is the case just allow them to rest in the center of the thread notch.
- If the line becomes difficult to thread or you can’t access the notch, you can gently separate the thread in half by gently spreading the two (2) sections of the threaded fastener. The thread is flexible though we always recommend a delicate touch for this.
- Close the attaching nut by turning the nut clockwise down the threaded fastener.
- Important: As the nut travels over the right angle notch make sure it aligns evenly with the treads below! If the nut does not thread evenly reverse the nut and line up squarely until it smoothly travels down the threaded shaft.
- Firmly but delicately (more so for lighter tippets or line strengths) tighten the nut to floating air packs until the line is softly secured.
- Check out the installation photos below.
- Fish and have a great time!
A video review:
- If you notice your indicator is often sinking, we recommend you adjust the depth of your rig or adjust to a larger (more air) float combination.
- These indicators should be floating only slightly above the water level. If you are riding too high and notice the wind skewing your drift – adjust to a smaller (less air pack) indicator style.
- Be cautious when threading and fastening to the line for the extended life of your indicators.
- With lighter tippet or line sections gently thread the line against the nut fastener – always start gently and tighten as needed – just as you check your knots, we recommend checking the quality of your fastener to your line
Made in the USA, patent-pending technology.