Caramel Specialist Perdigon
Caramel Specialist Perdigon nymph is a small and heavy nymph tied for your most picky fish. This is a perfect fly for fast and very fast rivers and works great on both clear and muddy waters. This pattern is perfect complement to our Olive and Silver Perdigon pattern as these two flies can cover wide spectrum of insects. Caramel Specialist Perdigon nymph is a stimulator type of fly and makes the fish strike based on territorial instinct.
Tied on top quality barbless Demmon hook with tungsten bead to provide extra weight. The barbless hook minimizes snags. The tail is tied using Coq de Leon feathers, which gives this fly more realistic look.
Caramel Specialist Perdigon nymph comes in three hook sizes #14, #16 and #18.
How to fish Caramel Specialist Perdigon nymph
Czech Nymphing Style
- use a long and sensitive rod, size 2-4 wt, 10′ to 11′ long
- where the regulations allow, fish with two nymphs at the time on a thin leader (Czech type of leader)
- place the heavy nymph on top and smaller (lighter) on a dropper
- droppers should be maximum 10-15 cm (4”-6”) long and the distance between flies approximately 50 cm (20”)
French or Spanish Nymphing Styles
- use a sensitive rod, size 2-5 wt, 10′ to 11′ long
- fish with one small nymph
- the leader should be 3–4.5 meters long (10-15 feet)