Black and Purple Shadow Perdigon
Black and Purple Shadow Perdigon nymph is one of the most versatile Perdigon nymph patterns. It was designed for picky fish like grayling where the fishing is high pressure. This is one of our deadliest nymphs and works wonders in crystal clear waters, especially in super small sizes like #18. This pattern is rarely passed by the fish – a strike is guaranteed. Larger size like #14 or #16 works great in muddy waters. Purple hot spot has been added for extra attention grabbing effect. Grayling love this pattern as it is looks like their primary daily food – the small and dark nymphs.
Tied on top quality barbless Demmon hook with tungsten bead to provide extra weight. The barbless hook minimizes harm to the fish. The tail is tied using Coq de Leon feathers, which gives this fly more realistic look.
Black and Purple Perdigon nymph comes in three hook sizes #14, #16 and #18.
How to fish Black and Purple Shadow Perdigon nymph
Czech Nymphing Style
- use a long and sensitive rod, size 2-4 wt, 10′ to 11′ long
- where the regulations allow, fish with two nymphs at the time on a thin leader (Czech type of leader)
- place the heavy nymph on top and smaller (lighter) on a dropper
- droppers should be maximum 10-15 cm (4”-6”) long and the distance between flies approximately 50 cm (20”)
French or Spanish Nymphing Styles
- use a sensitive rod, size 2-5 wt, 10′ to 11′ long
- fish with one small nymph
- the leader should be 3–4.5 meters long (10-15 feet)