Here we have a great fly tying video tutorial coming from Kevin Hospodar – his Synthetic Quill Emerger pattern featuring a Hemingway’s Synthetic Peacock Tapered Quill for the body. Great little fly that will certainly prove effective. Steps are easy to follow – give this pattern a try.
To tie Kevin Hospodar’s Synthetic Quill Emerger, you need the following:
- Hook – Kevin used Patridge Patriot Grub and Buzzer sz 10 barbless, we also recomend Demmon Competition G602 Hooks
- Thread – Olive colored, try Veevus 14/0 Thread in Olive
- Body – Hemingway’s Synthetic Tapered Peacock Quill in Yellow Olive
- Body2 – UV cure, try Troutline Classic Thin Fly Tying UV Resin
- Wing – CDC feathers, try Hemingway’s CDC Feathers in Blue Dun
- Legs – partridge feathers, try Soldarini Partridge Feathers in Natural Brown
- Head – Olive colored dubbing, try Hemingway’s All Round Dubbing in Middle Olive
Try tying this great fly yourself! Give us your comments below. Share photos of your Synthetic Quill Emerger or fish caught with this pattern on our Facebook page.
We absolutely love Kevin’s videos, they are easy to follow, simple, and produce some really interesting and innovative patterns. Check them all out on his YouTube channel, subscribe & stay in the loop.