Hemingway’s Synthetic Quill Mayfly Nymph with Jim Misiura
Here is another of Jim Misiura’s easy-to-follow fly tying tutorials – this time a mayfly nymph with Hemingway’s Synthetic Peacock Quill. A great fly pattern, easy and fun to tie. Thanks Jim for sharing.
To tie Jim Misiura’s Hemingway’s Synthetic Quill Mayfly Nymph, you need the following:
- Hook: standard or dropped shank #12-18
- Weight: .010 lead wire
- Thread: olive brown color
- Tail: dark hackle
- Abdomen: Hemingway’s Synthetic Tapered Peacock Quill – in Olive
- Wingcase/Legs: pheasant tail
- Thorax: hare’s ear in dark color (we recommend Hemingway’s Hare’s Plus Dubbing in Natural Dark)
Try tying this great fly yourself! Give us your comments below. Share photos of your Synthetic Quill Mayfly Nymph or fish caught with this fly on our Facebook page.