Hemingway’s Golden Stonefly Nymph with Jim Misiura
Jim Misiura doesn’t stop to enlighten us with his famous easy-to-follow recipes – this time it is a Golden Stonefly Nymph using Hemingway’s realistic parts. Check it out. Thanks Jim.
To tie Jim Misiura’s Hemingway’s Golden Stonefly Nymph, you need the following:
- Hook: 4XL Streamer #8-#12
- Weight: .030 Lead Wire
- Thread: Burnt Orange
- Tail: Tan Goose Biot
- Rib: Extra Fine Copper Wire
- Under Body: Natural Hair Blend (we recommend one of the shades of Hemingway’s Hare Plus Dubbing)
- Abdomen: Hemingway’s Realistic Stonefly Wing Buds & Back (the Back part)
- Legs: Hemingway’s Stonefly Soft Rubber Legs
- Under Thorax: Natural Hair Blend (you can try one of the shades of Hemingway’s Hare Plus Dubbing)
- Thorax: Hemingway’s Realistic Stonefly Wing Buds & Back (the Buds part)
Try tying this great fly yourself! Give us your comments below. Share photos of your Golden Stonefly Nymphs or fish caught with this fly on our Facebook page.