The next great recipe from Corey Cabral, Frosty Fly Pro Staff – his Semi-Realistic Stonefly Nymph. This pattern imitates large dark stonefly nymphs that frequent the waters of a lot of Lake Ontario tributaries.
- Hook: Size 6 Hemingway’s H118 Dry Fly & Curved Nymph Fly Hooks
- Thread: 8/0 Uni in black color
- Weight: Lead wire
- Tail: Hemingway’s Soft Stonefly Nymph Tails
- Rib: Copper Wire – small
- Body: Hemingway’s Dubbing Hare Plus
- Thorax: Hemingway’s Dubbing Hare Plus in black
- Legs: Hemingway’s Soft Stonefly Nymph Legs
- Wings case & back: Hemingway’s Stonefly Nymph Wing Buds & Back, size Large
- UV Resin on Wingcase
Try tying this great fly yourself! Give us your comments below. Share photos of your Semi-Realistic Stonefly Nymph flies or fish caught with this pattern on our Facebook page.
To see more of Corey’s great video tutorials, learn something new, try some new tying techniques – don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel. Subscribe and stay in the loop!
Happy tying & tight lines!