In this fly tying tutorial, Corey shows us how to tie his Double Shot Stonefly Nymph, a great fly for nymphing for steelhead. This fly is a mix of a few of Corey’s patterns and is sure to be a real winner on the water.
- Hook: Size 6, Curved Nymph, try Maruto C40HW Hooks
- Thread: 3/0 Thread in Brown
- Tail: Goose Biots in Brown
- Body & Thorax: Hemingway’s Peacock Dubbing
- Beads: brass or tungsten, try our Tungsten Beads
- Shell Case: Hemingway’s Realistic Stonefly Nymph Wing Buds & Back
Try tying this great fly yourself! Give us your comments below. Share photos of your Double Shot Stonefly Nymph pattern or fish caught with this fly on our Facebook page.