One more in the series of Corey’s fly tying video tutorials!
Bead Head Mirage Back Scud
Here, Corey shows us how to tie his Bead Head Mirage Back Scud – a great and simple pattern that works well for trout, panfish, bass… It is all-around good fly, very versatile, great for czech nymphing, dead drifting.
- Hook: Maruto Shrimp & Caddis Fly Hooks, Size 14, model c46
- Bead 3/32nd Brass Bead, Silver
- Rib: Small-Medium Copper Wire
- Shell Case: Medium UTC Mirage Tinsel
- Dubbing Blend:
- Australian Opossum
- Soft Antron Fibres (White, Gray, Brown)
- Hemingway’s Frosty Dubbing
Try tying this great fly yourself! Give us your comments below. Share photos of your Bead Head Mirage Back Scud or fish caught with this fly on our Facebook page.