Jim Misiura brings us another one of his awesome recipes: a Ribbed Caddis Larva. Don’t miss trying it.
To tie Jim Misiura’s Ribbed Caddis Larva, you need the following:
- Hook: scud hooks in sizes #12-#18, Jim used Maruto Shrimp & Caddis Fly Hooks c46 in size #14
- Bead: 3mm Black, try our Tungsten Beads 3mm in Black
- Weight: .010 Lead Wire
- Thread: Dark Olive, try Hemingway’s 6/0 Thread in Green
- Underbody: Peacock Herl
- Abdomen: Olive Gimmie Band
- Thorax: Black Opossum, try Hemingway’s Hare Dubbing in Black
Try tying this great fly yourself! Give us your comments below. Share photos of your caddis larva flies or fish caught with this pattern on our Facebook page.