Coming from Jim Misiura, this time is an interesting dry fly design, Jim’s Patriot Fly. In his usual, easy-to-follow style, Jim brings us one more great recipe. Thanks, Jim.
To tie Jim Misiura’s Patriot Fly, you need the following:
- Hook: standard dry, sizes #12 to #18, Jim used Maruto d31SSC in size 14
- Thread: Veevus 16/0 Thread in Red
- Tail: Dark Ginger, try Coq de Leon Feathers
- Body: 1/3 Teal Krystal Flash, 1/3 Red Thread, 1/3 Teal Krystal Flash, or try a ready-made Hemingway’s Holo Flat Tinsel in Yellow Green
- Wing: white para post, Jim used Hemingway’s Para Post Wing in White
- Hackle: Dark Ginger
Try tying this great fly yourself! Give us your comments below. Share photos of your Patriot flies or fish caught with this pattern on our Facebook page.