Here is a new fly tying video from Jim Misiura, this time it is a Little Brown Stonefly pattern using Hemingway’s Realistic Stonefly Wings. Thank you Jim for sharing this great video with us.
To tie a Little Brown Stonefly using Hemingway’s Realistic Stonefly Wings you need the following:
- Hook: 2 XL Dry #14 – #16, try Maruto D21 Hooks
- Thread: 8/0 Thread in Brown
- Tail: Brown Goose Biots
- Body: Deer Hair Dubbing in Brown
- Wings: Hemingway’s Stonefly Wings – Small
- Hackle: CDC Feathers
These premium quality Hemingway’s Realistic Stonefly Wings are durable, flexible, waterproof and UV resistant. Precut and preformed. Ready to be used to make those beautifully looking realistic flies.
Available in sizes: Extra Small (18 pieces, 16 hook size), Small (18 pieces, 14-16 hook size),Medium (15 pieces, 12-14 hook size), Large (12 pieces, 8-10 hook size)
- Bring thread to the rear.
- Tie in pair of goose biots for tail.
- Wrap Brown Dubbing and trim the hairs from the top.
- Tie in Hemingway’s Stonefly Wings with dull side down.
- Take little bit more of dubbing and wrap it on the front.
- Tie in CDC and make few wraps.
- Tie off the head, whip finish it and put head cement on.
Try tying this fly yourself! Give us your comments. Share photos of your Little Brown Hemingway’s Stonefly or fish caught on this fly on our Facebook page.