Here, Jim has shared his Henry’s Fork Caddis. Don’t miss trying this great pattern – Jim’s usual easy-to-follow style and one effective fly pattern. Thanks, Jim.
To tie Jim Misiura’s Henry’s Fork Caddis, you need the following:
- Hook: Maruto Barbless Dry Fly Hook d04, sizes #14 – #18, Jim used #16
- Thread: 8/0 Thread in Black
- Body: Stripped Peacock Herl, or try ready-made Synthetic Tapered Peacock Quills in Yellow Olive
- Wing: CDC Feathers in Tan
- Overwing: Partridge Feathers in Natural Gray
- Thorax: Peacock Herl
- Hackle: Dark Dun
Try tying this great fly yourself! Give us your comments below. Share photos of your caddis flies or fish caught with this pattern on our Facebook page.