Watch this video to see Jim Misiura tying Hemingway’s Stimulator Fly. Thank you Jim for sharing this great video with us.
To tie this great fly, Jim Misiura’s way, you need the following:
- Hook: Dry Fly 2 XL #8 – #14, try Maruto d21 Dry Fly Hooks
- Thread: Hemingway’s 6/0 Thread in Black
- Body: Hemingway’s Stimulator Tube Body
- Wings: Hemingway’s Realistic Stonefly Wings
- Hackle: Golden Badger/Dark Dun
Hemingway’s Stimulator Tube Body is great for tying gold-bead nymphs, wet flies, dry flies, stillwater flies, and many other patterns. The body has a bright-colored visible tip. This tip will often provoke another take, even from a trout that has stuffed itself.
- Put the hook in the Stimulator Tube Body and pass it through.
- Put the base of thread and tie in the Tube Body.
- Tie in Hemingway’s Stonefly Wings on the top of the hook.
- Put the deer hair on half of that wing, tie it in and remove the excess.
- Tie in the hackle in and make few wraps.
- Whip finish it and put head cement on.
Try tying this fly yourself! Give us your comments. Share photos of your Hemingway’s Stimulator Fly or fish caught on this fly on our Facebook page.