Hemingway’s Caddis Special – Fly Tying with Jim Misiura
Watch this video to see Jim Misiura tying Hemingway’s Caddis Special using Hemingway’s Realistic Caddis Wings. Thank you Jim for sharing this great video with us.
To tie a Hemingway’s Caddis Special, Jim Misiura’s way, you need the following:
- Hook: Standard Dry #12 – #18
- Thread: Black
- Body Hackle: Grizzly
- Body: Olive Dubbing
- Antennae: Malard Flank
- Wing: Hemingway’s Caddis Wings
- Hackle: Brown
- Put the base of thread down where it would hang at the barb of the hook.
- Tie in Grizzly Hackle.
- Wrap Olive Dubbing to the one eye length from the eye of the hook.
- Bring the hackle forward making nice and even spaces and tie it in.
- Trim the hackle from the top.
- Take about four barbells of Mallard Flank and tie them in at the front of the hook.
- Fold Hemingway’s Caddis Wings with dull side down and tie them in.
- Take Brown Hackle and tie it in at the head and wrap it few times. Tie it off.
- Whip finish it and put head cement.
Try tying this fly yourself! Give us your comments. Share photos of your Hemingway’s Caddis Special or fish caught on this fly on our Frosty Fly Facebook page.