One more of Jim Misiura’s beginner, easy-to-follow recipes – this time a Green Drake dun (Ephemera Danica mayfly) using Hemingway’s realistic parts. Thank you Jim for sharing.
To tie Jim Misiura’s Hemingway’s Green Drake, you need the following:
- Hook: 2XL Dry Hook #10, try Maruto D21 Hooks
- Thread: 6/0 Thread in Gray Olive
- Body: Hemingway’s Ephemera Danica Tube Body & Wings Set
- Wings: Hemingway’s Mayfly Realistic Wings
- Hackle: CDC Feathers in Natural Light Brown
Try tying this great fly yourself! Give us your comments below. Share photos of your Green Drakes or fish caught with this fly on our Facebook page.