One more awesome fly tying tutorial from Jim Misiura – a Hemingway Hopper Attractor. Don’t miss giving it a shot – the steps are easy to follow and you can create a great-looking fly that will get you some strikes. Thanks, Jim for sharing with us.
To tie Jim Misiura’s Hemingway Hopper Attractor, you need the following:
- Hook: Maruto Curved Long Shank Hook c41, sizes #10 – #14 (Jim used #12)
- Thread: Hemingway’s 6/0 Thread in Light Yellow
- Body: Hemingway’s Tube Body Attractors in Yellow
- Legs: Black Krystal Flash/Rubber Legs
- Thorax: Hemingway’s Deer Hair Dubbing in Yellow
- Wing/Head: Yellow deer hair
Try tying this great fly yourself! Give us your comments below. Share photos of your hopper flies or fish caught with this pattern on our Facebook page.