Introducing new fly tying tutorial series from Corey Cabral – QEE – Quick, Easy & Effective – a guide-style tutorials for tying flies that work and catch fish consistently! Patterns that can be tied in under 5 minutes, that are easy to tie and that catch fish.
Here is Corey’s first QEE video – his Frosty Hare’s Ear Nymph. This variation of a hare’s ear pattern has proven deadly many times over. Its simple, quick to tie and effective on the waters. This pattern has put a fair number of fish on the bank. And, it works well in a range of colors.
• Hook: barbless scud hook, size 10, we recomend Hemingway’s H122 Shrimp & Pupa Micro Barb Hooks
• Weight: 3/16yhs tungsten .25 lead-free wire
• Thread: 8/0 Uni red
• Rib: medium copper wire
• Collar: Hemingway’s Hare’s Plus UV Dubbing
• Body: Hemingway’s Peacock Dubbing in UV Brown
• Tail: pheasant tail fibers
Try tying this great fly yourself! Give us your comments below. Share photos of your Hare’s Ear Nymph flies or fish caught with this pattern on our Facebook page.
To see more of Corey’s great video tutorials, learn something new, try some new tying techniques – don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel. Subscribe and stay in the loop!
Happy tying & tight lines!