Introducing new fly tying tutorial series from Corey Cabral – QEE – Quick, Easy & Effective – guide-style tutorials for tying flies that work and catch fish consistently! Patterns that can be tied in under 5 minutes, that are easy to tie, and that catch fish.
Here is Corey’s first QEE video – his Frosty Hare’s Ear Nymph. This variation of a hare’s ear pattern has proven deadly many times over. It’s simple, quick to tie, and effective on the waters. This pattern has put a fair number of fish on the bank. And, it works well in a range of colors.
• Hook: barbless scud hook, size 10, we recommend Maruto c46 Hooks
• Weight: Tungsten Bead 4mm in Gold, .25 lead-free wire
• Thread: 8/0 Uni red, try Veevus 8/0 Thread in Red
• Rib: Medium copper wire, try Hemingway’s Fine Wire 0.2mm in Brown
• Collar: Hemingway’s Hare’s Plus UV Dubbing in Orange
• Body: Hemingway’s Peacock Dubbing in UV Brown
• Tail: pheasant tail fibers
Try tying this great fly yourself! Give us your comments below. Share photos of your Hare’s Ear Nymph flies or fish caught with this pattern on our Facebook page.
To see more of Corey’s great video tutorials, learn something new, try some new tying techniques – don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel. Subscribe and stay in the loop!
Happy tying & tight lines!