Today’s video tutorial by Jim Misiura brings us one more awesome fly recipe – his Synthetic Quill Jig Fly mayfly nymph pattern. Jim’s easy steps, a great pattern and effective fly – give it a try today!
- Hook: Demmon Competition ST330 Jig Fly #12 – #18 (Jim used #14)
- Bead: Frosty Fly Slotted Tungsten Bead in Silver – 3mm (match hook size)
- Extra weight: lead-free wire (optional)
- Thread: Hemingway’s 8/0 Thread in Tan
- Tail: Mallard Barred Feathers
- Body: Hemingway’s Synthetic Tapered Peacock Quill
- Thorax: Hemingway’s Hare Dubbing in Light Olive color
- Legs: Mallard Barred Feathers
Try tying this great fly yourself! Give us your comments below. Share photos of your Synthetic Quill Jig Fly mayfly nymph or fish caught with this pattern on our Facebook page.
Happy tying and tight lines!