A great recipe for an Atlantic salmon fly coming from Jim Misiura – his Green Highlander Variation. Easy steps for an interesting fly design. Definitely, something to try out. Thanks, Jim for sharing with us.
- Hook: salmon hooks sizes #1/0 to #8, Jim used Maruto m30 Salmon & Steelhead Wet Fly Hooks in size #6
- Thread: 8/0 Thread in Black
- Tag: Oval Silver Tinsel / Yellow Floss
- Tail: Golden Pheasant Crest
- Butt: Ostrich Herl in black
- Rib: Oval Silver Tinsel
- Body: Rear 1/3 Yellow Floss Front 2/3 Green Seal Fur, or try Hemingway’s Peacock Dubbing in Green
- Green Hackle
- Underwing: Golden Pheasant Tippet
- Overwing: Mix Green and Orange Buck Tail
- Wing: Red Squirrel Tail
- Cheeks: Golden Pheasant Neck Feathers (Red)
- Hackle: Yellow
Try tying this great fly yourself! Give us your comments below. Share photos of your salmon flies or fish caught with this pattern on our Facebook page.