Here we have a pupa version of Jim’s ‘Gimmie’ caddis – his Gimmie Caddis Pupa. In his easy-to-follow fly tying video tutorial Jim shares his recipe for this interesting pattern – definitely something to try out.
- Hook: Scud hooks #12 – #18 (Maruto c46 Scud – Shrimp & Caddis Fly Hooks)
- Thread: 8/0 Thread in Black
- Abdomen: Cream Acrylic Hair Band
- Legs: Woodduck Flank, or try Mallard Barred Feathers in Natural
- Wings: Turkey Quill
- Antennae: Woodduck Flank, or try Mallard Barred Feathers in Natural
Try tying this great fly yourself! Give us your comments below. Share photos of your caddis pupas or fish caught with this pattern on our Facebook page.