Jim has shared one more of his great fly tying video tutorials – his Gimmie Caddis Larva. Amazing little pattern, very effective fly, and easy steps – try it out.
- Hook: Scud hooks #12 – #18 (Maruto c46 Scud – Shrimp & Caddis Fly Hooks)
- Bead: Tungsten Bead 2.5 mm in Black
- Weight: .010 Lead Wire
- Thread: 6/0 Thread in Black
- Abdomen: Cream Acrylic Hair Band
- Thorax: Antron dubbing – a great choice is Hemingway’s Starlite Dubbing in Black
Try tying this great fly yourself! Give us your comments below. Share photos of your caddis larva fly or fish caught with this pattern on our Facebook page.