Epic Outdoor Adventures shared a great video on how to tie the Hemingway’s Caddis Dry Fly pattern. An interesting pattern, simple to tie, easy steps, great looking fly as a result – give it a try!
To tie this Hemingway’s Caddis Dry Fly, you need the following:
- Hook: Dry Fly Hemingway’s H123, size #16
- Thread: Hemingway’s 8/0 in Black
- Grizzly hackle feather
- Body: fine, dry fly dubbing (we recommend Hemingway’s Beaver Dubbing in Tan color)
- Hackle feather in brown color
- Wings: Hemingway’s Caddis Wings in Small or Medium
- a bit of Head Cement
Try tying this great fly yourself! Give us your comments below. Share photos of your Hemingway’s Caddis Dry Fly or fish caught with this pattern on our Facebook page.
Epic Outdoor Adventures has some interesting fly tying videos, they are easy to follow and make some great-looking flies. Check them out on their YouTube channel, subscribe & stay in the loop.