One more fly tying video comes to us from Epic Outdoor Adventures – an Egg-Laying Caddis Dry Fly pattern. Great fly to have during the caddis hatch. Tie with different body colors to match your hatch. Great pattern, steps are easy to follow – give it a shot!
To tie this Egg-Laying Caddis Dry Fly, you need the following:
- Hook: Dry Fly Hemingway’s H123, size #14
- Thread: Hemingway’s 8/0 in Black
- Egg: Antron Yarn in Caddis Green
- Hackle: grizzly hackle, dyed olive
- Body: fine dubbing, try Hemingway’s Beaver Dubbing in Tan
- Wings: Hemingway’s Caddis Wings in Cinnamon
- Collar: brown furnace hackle
- a bit of head cement
Try tying this great fly yourself! Give us your comments below. Share photos of your Egg-Laying Caddis Dry Fly or fish caught with this pattern on our Facebook page.
Epic Outdoor Adventures has some interesting fly tying videos, they are easy to follow and make some great-looking flies. Check them out on their YouTube channel, subscribe & stay in the loop.