Quite an interesting recipe from Fly Fiend – a Combat Stonefly nymph pattern. This is your must-have steelhead pattern with a bigger profile that will trigger more bites, even in high and murky waters. It is a quick to tie recipe and the tutorial is easy to follow. Try it out, tie some, you won’t be disappointed. And, make sure you subscribe to Fly Fiend’s YouTube channel. It is full of awesome recipes and really good fly tying tips.
- Hook – Fly Fiend 350WG #10
- Bead – 4mm Tungsten in Black
- Wire – .02 lead-free wire
- Thread – Veevus GSP thread in Black
- Tail – Goose Biots in Black
- Rib – D-Rib MDG Size Black, you can also use Stretch Round Rib in Black
- Body – Hemingway’s Czech Nymph Dubbing in Black
- Thorax – Hemingway’s Czech Nymph Dubbing in Black
- Legs – Wapsi Vinyl Round Rib Medium Black, you can also use Stretch Round Rib in Black
- Wing Bud – ThinSkin Mottled Black
Try tying this great fly yourself! Give us your comments below. Share photos of your Combat Stonefly pattern or fish caught with this pattern on our Facebook page.
Happy tying & tight lines!