Here we have a new addition to Jim Misiura’s Beginner series of fly tying videos – his Hen Back Caddis recipe. Quick and easy recipe, steps easy to follow and a great looking fly as a result. Thanks, Jim.
- Hook: Standard hook, sizes #14 to#18, Jim used Maruto d04 Barbless Dry Fly Hooks in size #16
- Thread: Hemingway’s 8/0 Thread in Brown
- Body: Hemingway’s Hare Dubbing in Brown
- Wing: Hen Hackle Tip, or for more realistic look try Hemingway’s Caddis Wings
- Hackle: Dark Dun, or you can also use CDC Feathers
Try tying this great fly yourself! Give us your comments below. Share photos of your Hen Back Caddis pattern flies or fish caught with this pattern on our Facebook page.