Beginner Fly Tying a Hemingway’s Black Mayfly Nymph with Jim Misiura
One more of Jim’s beginner fly tying videos. Great video, easy-to-follow steps. Thanks Jim for sharing this with us.
To tie Jim Misiura’s Hemingway Black Mayfly Nymph, you need the following:
- Hook: Scud #10 – #16
- Weight: .010 Lead Wire
- Thread: Black
- Abdomen/Tail: Hemingway’s Mayfly Nymph Body with Tails
- Thorax: Hemingway’s Hare Dubbing – Black
- Wingpad/Legs: Hemingway’s Mayfly Nymph Legs
- Start by putting a lead wire.
- Secure the lead wraps using black thread and bring the base of thread back to the tail.
- Tie Hemingway’s Body with Tails in, right at the back of the lead wire.
- Bring tread up front.
- Tie Hemingway’s Mayfly Legs in by the tab right behind the eye.
- Bring the tread back.
- Put black Hemingway’s Hare dubbing in there to fill the gap.
- Start wrapping dubbing.
- Fold over wing bud.
- Wrap the tread between 2nd and 3rd pairs of legs.
- Tie and finish off the head.
- Put some head cement.
Try tying this great fly yourself! Give us your comments below. Share photos of your Mayfly Nymph or fish caught with this fly on our Facebook page.