Another video in Jim’s Beginner Fly Tying series – a recipe for tying a Magic Quill Blue Wing Olive Parachute fly. Very easy to follow and makes a great looking fly that will be one of your favorite patterns this season. Tie some today!
- Hook: 18 Std Dry, try Maruto d04 Barbless Dry Fly Hooks
- Thread: Veevus 16/0 Thread in Olive
- Tail: Blue Dun Micro Fibetts
- Abdomen: Magic Body Quills in Natural (Jim used L)
- Thorax: olive color dubbing, try Hemingway’s Beaver Dubbing in Light Olive
- Wing: Dark Duck Body Feather or try Hemingway’s Realistic Mayfly Wings
- Hackle: Blue Dun
Try tying this great fly yourself! Give us your comments below. Share photos of your Magic Quill Blue Wing Olive Parachute fly or fish caught with this pattern on our Facebook page.
Happy tying and tight lines!